Software Engineer - Automotive
SPX is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
With exciting new projects underway with some of the UK’s leading Car manufacturers, we are now looking for Automotive Software Engineers to join our ever-expanding business. The role orientates around providing support to two main areas of the DMS:
The first in diagnostic compliance pertains to performing bug fixes and enhancements for a specification template (MS Excel) along with compatibility and bug fixing / enhancement activities for the diagnostic database.
The second requires the successful candidate to offer support to the Module Configuration and Programming Team in the form of application augmentation or indeed crafting new applications to perform predefined functions
Primary Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Monitoring and communicating on eTrackers for Spec template & database
· Actioning raised tickets in a timely manner
· Working closely with the Compliance Team Leader in all Spec template & database matters
· Monitoring, communicating on and managing the OEM’s issue management system
To be successful in this role, ideally, you should have a degree in Electrical/ Electronic or Computer Sciences/ Engineering or comparable. You should be able to plan your own workload and have the ability to proactively scope requirements and strategise contingency plans. Knowledge of the Automotive business is desirable. Candidates should be customer oriented, self driven and have good interpersonal and analytical skills.
Successful candidates should have:
· Effective time management skills
· A good level of PC literacy
· Database knowledge (Clearquest/Clearcase)
· Knowledge of the Automotive Business desirable