Technical Services Manager
To implement, maintain refurbishment and inspection activities to meet the needs of the business and customers’ Service Level Agreements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for the refurbishment and inspection teams.
• Manage and control expenditure within agreed budgets.
• To assume overall site responsibility in the absence of senior management.
• Ensure that accurate information is reported and communicated to the relevant teams.
• Ensure that all cycle times are met within the refurbishment and inspection teams.
• Manage and develop refurbishment and inspection managers.
• Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
• Continuously improve quality and the level of technical skills within the teams.
• Represent Smart Technical Services with external suppliers to ensure quality, training and performance levels are being met.
• Maintain close scrutiny of developments, legislation and events in the motor industry which may well impact on any future business opportunity or trading practices.
• Ensure that company policies are adhered too, with regard to quality, environmental and health and safety.
• To continually seek out new and additional products, systems and processes that work towards maintaining and developing the sites competitive edge.
Knowledge, Experience and skills:
• A detailed understanding and experience of the motor industry at the highest level
• Practical skills, experience and knowledge of the latest motor industry best practices
• Strong technical and product knowledge with a proven track record
• Experience in all types of vehicle appraisal/estimating
• Technical understanding of the latest paint methodology, SMART repair and Thatcham Time Scheduling (TTS)
• Motor industry served apprenticeship or recognised equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to motivate a team, especially at times of great pressure
• Initiative to problem solve in real time