Technical Services Manager
To implement, maintain refurbishment and inspection activities to meet the needs of the business and customers’ Service Level Agreements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for the refurbishment and inspection teams.
• Manage and control expenditure within agreed budgets.
• To assume overall site responsibility in the absence of senior management.
• Ensure that accurate information is reported and communicated to the relevant teams.
• Ensure that all cycle times are met within the refurbishment and inspection teams.
• Manage and develop refurbishment and inspection managers.
• Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
• Continuously improve quality and the level of technical skills within the teams.
• Represent Smart Technical Services with external suppliers to ensure quality, training and performance levels are being met.
• Maintain close scrutiny of developments, legislation and events in the motor industry which may well impact on any future business opportunity or trading practices.
• Ensure that company policies are adhered too, with regard to quality, environmental and health and safety.
• To continually seek out new and additional products, systems and processes that work towards maintaining and developing the sites competitive edge.
Knowledge, Experience and skills:
• A detailed understanding and experience of the motor industry at the highest level
• Practical skills, experience and knowledge of the latest motor industry best practices
• Strong technical and product knowledge with a proven track record
• Experience in all types of vehicle appraisal/estimating
• Technical understanding of the latest paint methodology, SMART repair and Thatcham Time Scheduling (TTS)
• Motor industry served apprenticeship or recognised equivalent
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to motivate a team, especially at times of great pressure
• Initiative to problem solve in real time
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.
Your data is used to notify the employer of your interest and they may contact you about the vacancy. We will not use your data for any other purpose. Your details will be deleted from our database seven days after the vacancy closing date.