Transport Refrigeration Engineer Required – Goldthorpe
Aldi is one of the world’s largest food retailers. In 2013 they attained the ‘Which? Best Supermarket 2013’, ‘Grocer of the Year’ and ‘Discount Retailer of the Year’.
Due to continuing growth, Aldi Stores LTD are now looking to recruit an experienced Transport Refrigeration Engineer to join the team at their brand new Regional Distribution Centre in Goldthorpe, Yorkshire.
Reporting in to the Transport Manager, the successful Refrigeration Engineer will hold a hands on role and be responsible for assisting the Transport Manager in achieving the required service levels at all times. Your responsibilities and duties will include:
· Day to day management of the onsite workshop
· Regularly inspecting the company fleet including refrigeration and livery
· Carrying minor accident repairs and repairing paintwork damage
· Controlling the temperature recording equipment and recording / monitoring output
· Recommending fleet maintenance providers and coordinating service providers to ensure the highest standard of repair
The ideal Transport Refrigeration Engineer will have a sound practical knowledge of transport refrigeration with some truck and trailer mechanical experience. We are open to seeing candidates from HGV maintenance background. Excellent organisational skills are a must along with the motivation to work to high standards.
You will also have:
· Experience of working with modern equipment
· Managerial experience and be able to display fantastic leadership skills
· The ability to liase successfully with a range of specialist suppliers and negotiate the best deals
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and rapidly expanding company. If you feel you have the ideal skills and experience to excel in the role of Transport Refrigeration Engineer then please APPLY BELOW.
Please note that for this role there will be a short training period in which the successful candidate will be required to travel to Darlington.
Transport Refrigeration Engineer
Role based in Goldthrope, Yorkshire
Salary: Circa £35,000