A little about you.
As a Sales Manager, you’ll play a key role in progressing the business by meeting targets alongside the management team. Friendly and professional, you’ll inspire your team to make every customer’s experience at the dealership exceptional. Naturally confident, with a wealth of managerial experience you will have strong leadership skills and have the ability to implement change to take the dealership to new heights.
You will be ensuring the effective and efficient operation of Sales Department, be a natural people person who can build great relationships with customers, manufacturer partners and colleagues. You will have the drive and determination to create and maintain a team that always delivers the best customer service and have previous experience of managing a Sales Department in a franchised car dealership.
What we need.
Team management and development
- Carry out recruitment and selection of new team member’s in accordance to Jemca’s recruitment policy, hiring new recruits with the necessary skills to perform their new role.
- Establish and agree individual targets for your team members to ensure everyone is aligned to their responsibilities and personal development.
- Ensure the sales team attend all company and manufacturer training when it’s needed.
- Encourage, support and motivate the team, making it an enjoyable environment.
- Appraise & Coach the team to maximise their potential and the department’s success.
Customer management & communication
- Be involved directly with customers on a daily basis ensuring every customer is completely satisfied.
- Train and motivate staff to deliver the best possible service to make our customer’s happy.
- Resolve all customer complaints by following team procedures and regain customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Used Car stock is managed in accordance to Jemca’s Used Car policy guidelines i.e. turned over within the specified period.
- Manage and review the working capital for the Used Car department i.e. ensuring debtors & creditors are managed effectively and keeping within your working capital budget guidelines.
- Ensure the auction disposal process is adhered to for all trade vehicles.
- Manage the Used Car showroom displays ensuring the presentation of each vehicle is immaculate.
Department budget management
- Monitor the daily financial performance of the department and take corrective action when needed.
- Monitor and maintain effective cost control for the department.
- Regularly review the department’s debt status and react with actions when needed.
- Control the invoicing procedure to ensure accuracy on all sales.
- Regularly review all pricing policies and deals
- Develop and operate advertising and promotional activities alongside the Sales department marketing plan.
- Review the costs and effectiveness of marketing spend regularly for the department.
- Monitor performance daily across the team and individually.
- Maintain appropriate staff levels to manage the department effectively including weekly rota and holiday to minimise department impact.
- Ensure the team follows the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) standards so all finance products that are sold meet the guidelines
- Review and comply with the Toyota Great Britain manufacturer’s standards.
- Feed information to the team keeping them aware of day-to-day running aims, future plans, processes, systems and policies for a customer focused environment.
- Present at internal meetings, providing updates to Senior Management on the department performance, target results and future plans.
- Carry out other duties when needed at the Centre. i.e. General Sales Manager cover.
Relevant experience in a leadership role
Proven track record in Sales within the automotive sector
A clean, current driving licence
Experience and skills to review financial, volume and operational objectives
If you like the sound of this role, please forward a completed internal application form along with your CV and little about why you are the right fit.
Post Natalie Bray, Recruitment & Development Manager, Jemca, The Hyde, Edgware Road, London, NW9 6BH.