Warranty Materials Inspector
The Company is a market leading provider of services to the automotive industry. Impetus Automotive supports a blue chip client base of vehicle manufacturers through the delivery of products and services via one of four routes; Consultancy, IT / Data Solutions, Business Process Improvement (BPI) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO).
Based in Warwick, the Company is private equity backed and is embarked on an ambitious growth strategy, based on maximising the value it generates from a loyal customer base.
As a Warranty Materials Inspector you will be an integral member of this team (based In Dordon), contributing to their effective delivery of the assessment of failed motor vehicle components. This role does not require a shift pattern, but works on the basis of a 5 day week, Monday to Friday.
As such this is an opportunity to join a fast moving and energetic company that really values its employees, but to support, contribute within an established and effective team in their delivery of key targets within the Warranty claim processing function.
To identify, inspect and report on motor vehicle components that have failed, paying particular attention to the components required back by the manufacturer/supplier.
To ensure that a positive manufacturing defect with the component can be identified and that the rectification work for the defect has been carried out in a technically correct manner before authorising credit:
- Inspection, processing and accurate recording/documenting of presented components to either confirm or deny that a claimed manufacturing defect exists, and then take appropriate action in terms of processing, further evaluation/tests in line with agreed methods/procedures.
- To work closely with the Warranty Material Inspectors and management to ensure that K.P.I‘s are clearly understood and achieved.
- To ensure that interaction with the client and the client`s customers is carried out with professional integrity.
- To ensure all required data is captured, recorded and legible.
- To ensure all accepted components are rendered unusable prior to disposing.
It is essential that you have experience of the automotive aftermarket and repairer culture with technical training of motor vehicle parts repair (either formal or direct training through manufacturer provision) and a proven track record of the application of that knowledge. This role requires you to be process driven with a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven track record of performance within a KPI driven pressured environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Process orientated approach
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively at all levels, written and verbal
- Individually motivated to achieve deadlines/KPI`s
- To work well within a team
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Customer service approach
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Technical qualification in motor vehicle engineering
- GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence
- Experience in Automotive aftermarket and repairer culture
- Danny Morson Way, Dordon (Nr Tamworth), B78 1SE
- Occasional requirement to travel in UK
- Competitive salary with overtime opportunities