AM Online

Autotrade: Land Rover parts comparison

This year is the 60th anniversary of the first production Land Rover and the iconic British brand continues to go from strength-to-strength.

Now under the stewardship of the giant Tata Corporation of India, Land Rover continues to post increased production figures year-on-year and the current ‘green’ agenda has set the company tough targets to continue this growth.

It is estimated that some 70% of all Land Rovers ever produced are still on the road today (a figure that even Rolls-Royce cannot equal) and most of the other 30% have provided parts to keep them there.

If a cradle-to-grave view is taken, the Land Rover must surely be the greenest manufacturer of all and a dedicated aftermarket has grown around the marque with no less than four monthly magazines feeding the enthusiasts’ thirst for knowledge as well as parts and accessories.

The three models we have surveyed are a 2001 Freelander 1.8, a 2003 Defender 90 2.5 TD5 and a 2001 4.0 V8 Range Rover.

The prices are supplied by a Land Rover dealership, two of the largest independent Land Rover specialists and an independent factor/retailer.

Land Rover Parts Comparison



If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.