Assistant Workshop Controller Gloucester
We are looking for an assistant workshop controller to join our busy workshop at our Gloucester dealership.
Job Description:The ASSISTANT WORKSHOP CONTROLLER job involves all or some of the following tasks:
* Fairly allocates jobs to technicians.
* Supervises the accurate time clocking of jobs and daily time keeping of technicians.
* Obtains requisite order numbers for work to be carried out where required.
* Times all operations using available standard times laid down.
* Considers requests for extra time fairly or refers on to management should a dispute arise.
* Provides accurate invoicing updates to Work in Progress.
* Maintains the Workshop Control Flow System efficiently so that accurate information on work in progress is always available to the appropriate staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Monitors the finished job so that work requested and work found is all carried out and plans work to be finished on time.
* Monitors finished work so that all vehicles which require testing are checked and passed by the Workshop Foreman/Tester.
* Ensures that customers who are having work undertaken whilst they wait are dealt with promptly and that the Technician and are informed so that unnecessary delays do not occur.
* Calms dissatisfied customers, resolves complaints with sensitivity and involves others when needed.
* To pass accurate updated work in progress to Warranty Clerk for assessing and invoicing.
* To liaise with Warranty Clerk in order to obtain correct standard time operations prior to invoicing.
* Progresses parts on order against individual work orders.
* Monitors the return of warranty parts as appropriate.
* Oversees proper authorisation for work to be carried out not featuring on the original work order.
* To promote tidiness and good housekeeping within work area.
* To work with the Workshop Controller in promoting a “right first time” culture.
* Perform other reasonable activities from time to time.
* Attend training sessions and courses both internally and externally.
The ASSISTANT WORKSHOP CONTROLLER must have knowledge of:
* New models and recent improvements through technical bulletins, training courses, technical magazines etc..
* Basic technical understanding of light vehicles.
* Computer capabilities for workshop loading, monitoring of work in progress within Kerridge DMS, updating the health check system with pricing and seeking authorisation using the one link platform.
What the Work Involves
* General office equipment (i.e., phone systems, copiers, computer based role).
* Answer telephone enquiries both internally and externally
* Update both internal and external customers on progress of their vehicles
* High level of paperwork (job cards, invoicing and various reports).
* Attention to detail.
* Work in a busy, active and lively environment.
* Ability to write clearly and legibly, to listen and document items accurately.
* A professional appearance and an enthusiastic attitude.
* Ability to remain positive in stressful situations.
* Ability to manage own time and workflow.
* Ability to communicate identified additional work to customers with the aim of gaining authorisation of repairs whilst vehicle on site.
* Ability to understand a customers needs and negotiate.
* Enjoy being a part of a team
At Baylis, we’re committed to providing great rewards to the people who drive our success. Whether it’s taking care of your health, providing for your future or making sure your needs are met, The below Baylis benefits are available to all staff:
31 days paid holiday (inc bank holidays) rising by 1 day after each 5 years worked
Excellent pay package
Company Pension Contribution
Large modern showrooms and workshops
Free MOT and 50% Discount on Services
New & used car staff offers
Death in service Benefit
Free eye test, dental & therapy treatments
Up to £25,000 personal accident benefit
Online discounts at many popular shops
What happens next?
Please upload your CV using the form below to start your application:
Once you have applied for the job, we will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If you match the job, we will be in touch with you to advise you of the next stage in the process.
Baylis is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.