Automation After Sales Service Technician – Birmingham
Our client is one of the leading companies in the storage systems market. It is specialised in the design, manufacturing, sale and services of metal racking, automated warehouses and other storage solutions. Our client is the leading storage company in Spain and ranks third in the world in its field, selling to more than 70 countries.
Our client is the British subsidiary of the international Group, a global leader in storage
rack manufacturer. We are growing and are looking for a: Automation After Sales Service Technician in Birmingham for our warehouse storage solutions.
The Automation After Sales Service Technician is the main point of contact between Our client and their clients.
This person is the next link in the chain after a project installation is finished and
the guarantee (After Sales) period starts. From covering guarantee repairs to overlook after the guarantee period through maintenance contracts the complete life cycle of our automated installations ensuring customer satisfaction.
The position is office based (Birmingham), but there is travelling involved to assist clients on site as well as administrative work in the office.
This is a new position that will be at the heart of the start of a new department and will therefore represent ample potential for development and growth.
* Acts in a leading role as a principal customer contact and / or interface with our clients management team to address and resolve product/service concerns.
* To manage and organize software support, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, modifications and enhancements, routine servicing, warranty work and emergency responses
* Responsibility for our clients equipments performance through product life cycle
* Manages all data and information required to understand the installation and the customer´s needs that lead to potential improvements.
* Supervision of Electrical and Mechanical adjustments of automated equipment
* Support in and improvement of Automated Warehouses in ramp-up phase
* Electrical and Mechanical repairs
* Analysis and diagnosis of Electrical, Mechanical and Control issues
* Track and reporting (Incidents, improvements, Preventive Maintenance, etc.)
* Quoting, Planning and executing Preventive Maintenance contracts
* Ensuring compliance with local regulations
* Managing all technical documentation and manuals for After Sales Support
* Dispatching and managing third party service companies
* Hard-working, proactive, organized, dynamic, methodical and have a desire to progress their career.
* Demonstrated effective communication, analytical yet quick acting mind, attention to details, good listening skills.
* 5+ years after sales service experience in electrical and mechanical corrective and preventive maintenance
* Basic mechanical knowledge in automation
* Knowledgeable in Electricity, Mechanics, Automation, Speed Variation, Control.
* Proven experience to successfully interact with customers´ senior management in regards to performance issues
* Ability to work well under pressure, manage time and multi-task
* A desire to learn and advance in a fast-paced warehousing industry, and be capable of regularly using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements.
* A Technical / Engineering background or relevant education
* Experience in PLCs (desirably Siemens)
* Used to reading electrical diagrams (ELAN)
* A background in Warehousing/Logistics Installation industry is desirable.
* Valid driving license and passport
* Software: PLCs language, Excel, Words, PowerPoint.
* Permanent contract (6-month probation period).
* Product Training
* Career progression
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.