“Marshall Motor Group have recently been named Employer of the Year at the 2021 Motor Trader Awards, the 2nd year in row we’ve been recognised in this way”
We are seeking a Used Car Buyer to join our BMW/MINI division and source suitable used vehicle stock for sale across our network of BMW & MINI dealerships. Reporting to the Divisional Head of Sales and responsible for the purchase of used car stock for all of our BMW/MINI dealerships, this role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity for a divisional level role with the 2021 Automotive Management “Dealer Group of the Year”. This role has the flexibility to be field based within reach of our BMW/MINI network.
What does a typical day involve?
- Sourcing suitable used car stock from car auctions and private sellers
- Negotiating used car purchase prices and bidding on stock at auction
- Closely monitoring industry trends and pricing trends to ensure used car stock allows sufficient margin
- Ensuring each dealership has adequate stock levels of used vehicles
- Adhering to strict financial controls throughout the vehicle purchase process
- Provide subject matter expertise to our dealerships on used car pricing and part exchange valuation as required
What skills and experience do I need?
You will ideally have previous experience as a Used Car Buyer, with an in-depth knowledge of the used vehicle trade. In addition to your experience, you will demonstrate the following:
- An analytical mindset with strong decision making skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
Due to the geographic nature of our business, a full EU driving licence is required. A company vehicle will be provided.
Why Marshall Motor Group?
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Company vehicle provided with role
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity