Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE) provides engineering and product development services to F1, Formula E, IMSA/WEC, DTM and many more race teams and Automotive OEM’s around the world. It is Multimatic's Centre of Excellence for the ongoing design, development and implementation of DSSV® Damping Technology, and has established a strong continuing relationship with numerous champion ship winning Motorsports teams.
MTCE is also a leading contract engineering and vehicle development resource to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers, engineering dampers, control arms, and entire vehicle suspension systems.
We are looking to hire Design Engineers for several departments at our site in Thetford, Norfolk.
Facility address: Unit 1, Wyatt Way, Thetford, IP24 1HB
The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototype testing, engineering documentation and process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use specialized software to create models and drawings of products.
- Create new and maintain existing engineering records.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable regulatory, industry and business standards.
- Report and present design solutions to internal and external customer base.
- Supports all company and department activities associated with meeting the goal in the “Presidents Message”
- Adopts and practices Kaizen principles and concepts, participates in continuous improvement and GEAR activities.
- Follows all general procedures as indicated in the General Procedures section of the Level 3 Procedures Manual.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (e.g., TS 16949, ISO 90012014).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 2 years minimum experience in automotive engineering or similar.
- Degree in Engineering or 4 years’ experience performing engineering tasks.
- Working knowledge of applicable range of products.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes applicable to range of products.
- Excellent knowledge of computer-aided design tools.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode avoidance tools, e.g., DFMEA, PFMEA, Six Sigma.
- Hold current passport and be able to travel as / when required.
- Good social and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.