Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Workshop | Shift Supervisor who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Avonmouth branch, your role will be to ensure the workshop is run with maximum efficiency and profitability by adapting capacity to demand and utilising existing resources as efficiently as possible. You will also be responsible for managing the customer relationship, ensuring that customers have great confidence in the workshop through the provision of excellent service.
- Work along with your team in accordance with the Service Flow
- Oversee the daily running of the workshop in conjunction with Service Reception, prioritising workload to meet customer needs, ensuring a steady flow of work through the workshop
- Independently carry out repairs, calibrations and troubleshooting on Scania vehicles electronic control systems and electrical components using PC diagnostics with an emphasis on non-intermittent faults
- Diagnose, analyse and rectify all types of faults, including engines, gear boxes and retarders, brake systems, pneumatic and electrical components
- As required, attend to disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customers’ premises as part of Scania Assistance calls, following appropriate routines and procedures including roadside safety laws and regulations
- Estimate both mechanical and body repairs to vehicles and trailers
- Liaise with external and internal customers to ensure work is authorised
- Liaise and negotiate with parts department to ensure parts availability and ensure service exchange and warranty parts procedures are adhered to
- Provide technical support to the workshop and external customers
- Monitor job cards and service documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure the provision and ongoing condition of workshop tools and equipment; arrange purchase, repair and calibration
- Supervise workshop staff and apprentices, including monitoring of timekeeping and productivity, authorising overtime and identifying training needs
- Assist in maintaining a daily flow of quality job cards for costing / invoicing
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness is maintained within the workshop and tools are in good condition in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment
- Proactively work to improve CSI and mystery shop results
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Technical experience and/or qualification
- Previous supervisory experience (desirable)
- Experience in HGV sector
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Full clean driving licence, plus LGV Licence (desirable)
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build and manage relationships.
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Actively work part of and lead a team
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.