We’re recruiting for an assertive and committed People Assistant to work across Arnold Clark’s UK branches.
Based in Manchester close to the Airport
Due to travel restrictions, we are conducting meetings via conference call. However when face to face meetings can resume, we need you to be flexible to cover an assigned area within the branch network in England.
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
About the role
Do you want to work for a dynamic car retailer with 11,000 employees across the UK? Arnold Clark has been named as one of Glassdoor’s Top 50 UK employers and our talented People Team has recently been recognised for its work at the Herald Diversity Awards and HR Network awards. As a People Assistant you will be a flexible and capable person who is able to deal with an exceptionally varied workload and communicate effectively with a large variety of people.
You’ll be involved in all aspects of employee relations in this dynamic commercial organisation – from maternity and welfare meetings to workplace issues.
* Dealing with all aspects of employee relations across the company.
* Travelling to branches across the UK to speak to staff and resolve issues. (All employee meetings are currently being conducted via video call.)
* Managing welfare meetings and Occupational Health referrals.
* Carrying out all the relevant processes relating to parental leave.
* Managing ill-health cases (with supervision).
* Administration within the People Team, including flexible working and general administration.
* An assertive and confident approach.
* Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
* A full driving licence, held for a minimum of one year.
* Ability to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of current employment law.
* Attention to detail and strong administrative skills.
* Excellent time management skills and high levels of initiative.
* Ability to present yourself in a professional manner.
* Comfortable working both independently and as part of a busy team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
* Currently working towards gaining your CIPD qualification.
In return for your skills and commitment, you will receive career development opportunities as well as access to a company car, laptop and mobile phone.
You will also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the automotive industry, including private health care, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing Date 4 December 2020
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.