An Accident Repair company are currently seeking an experienced MET Technician based in the Corby area.
Seeking a candidate with dealership, refurb or accident repair experience, this role offers immediate work for a MET Technician!
The MET Fitter will be doing all aspects of strip and fit work on a variety of new and nearly new cars and must be able to do all aspects of MET work including removing and re-fitting electrical and mechanical parts on cars including air con systems, air bags, brakes and suspension.
This role offers invaluable, long-term experience working within a busy Accident Repair company on a dayshift, this position is Monday – Friday and the hours are 6am to 3.30pm or 7am to 4.30pm or 8am to 5.30pm. The company is flexible on start and finish times.
*This position is for a day shift only*
The MET Technician will be responsible for identifying damaged mechanical and electrical components on a damaged car/light commercial vehicle and remove and refit these components before and after body repair work has been carried out.
What you'll be doing:
- Refitting vehicles after paint so they are ready for polish.
- Stripping down and refitting of brakes, suspension systems, air conditioning systems, air bags etc...
- always Maintaining a clean and tidy working area.
- Stripping down vehicles ready for prep/paint.
- Stripping down electrical components, wiring looms in vehicles.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Significant exposure working in a similar position i.e., Vehicle Stripper, Fitter, MET Technician, Bodyshop / Bodywork Operative.
- Significant exposure using orbital sanders.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Process driven.
- Team player.
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV to Cookie Britten at HP4 Recruitment as directed.