At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Ourpeople create a real customer focus, delivering customer delight through ourproducts and services. Ours is a friendly, collaborative and fast movingbusiness where we work together to deliver great things and thrive in anenvironment which encourages innovation and supports personal and professionalgrowth.
We are currently looking for an experienced S24 Van Roadside Assistance Technician. The S24 programme provides 24/7 roadsideassistance to our van customers in the event of a mechanical breakdown or minormishap. The role is to provide roadside assistance coverage using one of ourfully equipped assistance vehicles to get customers mobile as soon as possiblefollowing notification of required assistance.
Keeping our customers on the road is critical,and to do so we must continue to offer a fantastic service to minimisedisruption to their lives.
As an S24 Van Roadside Assistance Technician,you will play a crucial role in making this happen. No two days will be the same as you workexclusively on Mercedes-Benz vehicles, undertaking repair work to the highestpossible standards of workmanship. .
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the number onepremium automotive brand as we continue to grow – if you are looking for achallenging but fun role in a great business offering market leadingprofessional and personal development, click apply now.
* To greet customersin a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm vehicle symptoms andplan appropriate resolution quickly
* To complete aninitial roadside assessment of the situation to ensure the scene is safe toattempt repair or to contact appropriate resources as required to assist
* To liaiseeffectively with the Customer Assistance Controller (CAC) and the WorkshopControllers
* To discuss withthe customer any work identified, with a clear explanation of the work
* To keep requiredlogs of assistance times, works identified/repairs completed and customerdetails so that the Workshop Controllers are able to complete required claimspaperwork after the event.
* To ensure allcustomers vehicle remain in the state of cleanliness found
* To maintain a highstandard of cleanliness and tidiness of the S24 vehicle and equipment
* In the event arepair cannot be completed at roadside, to arrange customer vehicle recoveryand ensure customer has safe onward travel arranged
* The role willinvolve working as part of a technician team on a shift pattern to provide 24/7coverage. This shifts will be on rotation and require night and weekend working
A BOUT YOU
We are looking for an experienced technician who is lookingfor a new challenge, working for a brand that is at the forefront of technologyand innovation.
You will need the following skills and experience:
* Mercedes-BenzMaintenance Technician certification or equivalent
* Successfulcompletion of Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance courses
* Ability to carryout basic fault diagnosis based on customer description and vehicle inspection.
* Ability todetermine condition of safety related parts i.e. tyres, brake pads, and wiperblades.
* Good basicadministrational knowledge.
Aside from an excellent salary and bonus structure,which rewards personal and business success, you will be able todrive your own Mercedes-Benz through our discounted Employee Lease Car Scheme. You will also receive access to our excellent pension scheme as wellas discounts on holidays, shopping, insurances and lots more.
Onceyou hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV whenapplying alongside an indication of your salary expectations. TheMercedes-Benz recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UKlegislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we areonly able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to workin the United Kingdom.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.