Senior Vehicle Damage Assessor
Salary: up to £40000 Per Annum
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Damage Assessor to join the UK’s leading Accident and Collision Repair specialist in our busy Birmingham branch. Birmingham has become busier and more due to increased volumes an opportunity has arisen for this amazing position which is an ideal progression path for an already established VDA.
As a Senior VDA you are leading a team of other VDA’s within site, you are the site oracle for estimating on the Birmingham site ensuring best practices and methods are meet across the board. Also standardise all estimates for specific customers enabling smooth transition on authorities and invoicing. You will also, be working closely with the General Manager of the branch. You will undertake the inspection of damaged vehicles, assessing the full extent of the damage, costs of repair and timeframes. An important aspect of this job is to identify the correct prescribed repair method and prepare, record and maintain records of electronic and manual estimates. You will then liaise effectively with insurance companies to obtain their authority to repair the vehicle at the costs estimated. You will also effectively liaise with customers engineers and technicians to explain and ensure they understand the repair methodology.
Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Senior Vehicle Damage Assessor, you will be responsible for assessing many different marques of vehicle. This means keeping up to date with all repair methodologies and it is also important for you as a Senior Vehicle Damage Assessor to share with your teams and lead good practices, fully understand different insurers and manufacturers literature and bulletins. Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the Bodyshop as well as across other functional areas. Your aim: ensuring we get their vehicle back on the road safely and in quick time with a RIGHT FIRST TIME approach.
The Bodyshop in Walsall is considered a flagship site. We can comfortably complete over 300 repairs a month and working as a team is key to this.
As a busy site, we work to support each other, and help each other to be the best we can be. Most of our work is for our insurance partners and supporting our sister company’s FMG, Auxillus and Northgate Vehicle Hire. With a large clean and well equipped workshop- it is a great place to be and an excellent company to join at a time when we are looking to our future and development.
Key to your success is your ability to produce work that complies with the highest technical and quality standards and, above all, helps us deliver on our service commitment to customers.
- You have a number of years of experience of being a VDA with all the latest knowledge of using Audatex systems.
- You are able to lead and coach a team effectively to produce consistent estimates with a right first-time approach.
- Ideally you are qualified to NVQ level 3/City & Guilds or ATA qualified with a solid Bodyshop background – whether the job at hand is routine or more complex, you will know just how to solve it.
- You come from a fast-paced background – you know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work.
- You can do more than one thing at once – you can be sure you will never be looking for something to do, so being able to prioritise and plan your work is key.
- You will have a full UK/EU Driving License
- You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of the FMG Repair Services team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
- You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day - you understand what is important to your customers and suppliers.
Why choose FMG RS?
Of course, we offer a fantastic basic salary, but there’s much more to being a Vehicle Damage Assessor at FMG RS than just that. Some of our most popular benefits include (but aren’t limited to) …
• fantastic bonus schemes
• free life assurance
• well-being services (incl. Health Cash Plan, Dental Plan & Travel Insurance)
• discounted, flexible Gym memberships
• exclusive employee vehicle-leasing schemes
• pension & save-as-you-earn share scheme
• Our Benefits App offering unlimited access to a huge range of retailer discounts and cashback deals (incl. Tesco, Asda, Currys, B&Q & Wickes to name just a few)
We’re going places …
• We’re a key part of one of the UK’s largest Automotive plc’s, Redde Northgate – few other businesses can offer you the volume, variety and long-term security as us;
• We invest in you – We believe everyone should have the opportunity to better themselves and look to progress, not just within FMG RS but the wider Redde Northgate Group;
• We’re growing – it’s an exciting time for the industry and we’re committed to being at the cutting edge, investing in everything from our EV capabilities, our workshops to our Training Centres;
Join the FMG RS family
With the best people in the industry within our Group, we really believe that no one else can do what we do as well as us. So what are you waiting for?