WORKSHOP CONTROLLER - ACCRINGTON
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 with up to £2,400 bonus on top.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workshop Controller to join the UK’s leading Accident and Collision Repair specialist in our increasingly busy site in Accrington
Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Workshop Controller you will be undertaking the following duties:
- To inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage sustained, assess the cost of repair and time scales
- Organise the Bodyshop by controlling the status of each job, conducting daily progress meetings with Bodyshop team members and reporting unexpected delays to the General Manager
- Make sure all the Bodyshop tools and equipment are in good working order, control waste materials and utilities whilst having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment
- Ensure all job cards are completed corrected correctly and be ultimately responsible for shop floor procedures
- To liaise with all Bodyshop Technicians and the Manager in respect of any quality issues
Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the Bodyshop as well as across other functional areas. There is a family feel and buzz where everyone helps each other to achieve the goals of the site and to ensure our customers are consistently delighted with the service we provide. It’s an amazing team!
Key to your success is your ability to produce work that complies with the highest technical and quality standards and, above all, helps us deliver on our service commitment to customers.
- Ideally you are qualified to NVQ level 3/City & Guilds or ATA qualified with a solid Bodyshop background – as a Bodyshop Controller, Workshop Manager or Quality Controller within a Car Dealership, Body Repairer or Crash Repair Centre, whether the job at hand is routine or more complex, you will know just how to solve it.
- You come from a fast-paced background – you know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work.
- You can do more than one thing at once – you can be sure you will never be looking for something to do, so being able to prioritise and plan your work is key.
- You will have a full UK/EU Driving Licence
- You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of the FMG Repair Services team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
- You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day - you understand what is important to your customers and suppliers.
As a Workshop Controller, we offer:
- A competitive starting salary with an amazing bonus scheme.
- Additional employee benefits (including employee assistance, life assurance, pension, colleague assistance programme, retailer discounts and IMI (ATA) accreditation support through our very own academy etc.)
- A clear career development pathway and our commitment to supporting your professional development through in-house and industry-recognised training.
- The opportunity to work with and service world-renowned automotive brands including Ford, Mercedes and Vauxhall.
Be part of the future of FMG Repair Services . Press the Apply button now to start your application