The Motor Industry Training Council (MITC) has relaunched its www.mitc.co.uk website to offer members additional online interactivity and user-friendliness. One of the new sections is a discussion forum to generate swift feedback on industry topics.
The council is recognised by the Government as the National Training Organisation (NTO) for the retail motor industry and is committed to promoting a more competitive workforce through education and training.
Sheila McGregor, MITC chief executive, said: “Our new website reveals the variety of the MITC's involvement with the industry and aims to attract the support of interested parties as well as providing advice and information for those working in the sector.”
She added: “Our robust membership programme relies on our ability to communicate effectively with the industry.”
Key areas of the website include:
- The structure of MITC - an overview of its role, projects, membership benefits, directory and on-line application form.
- Standards and qualifications - guidelines and information on NVQs/SVQs, technical certificates, apprenticeships and awarding bodies.
- National focus - MITC's activities in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- Government - reviews of Government policies and consultation papers affecting the industry.
- Others - a members' only area incorporating skills competitions and useful links.