AM Online

Mercedes pulls out of NEC motor show

Mercedes-Benz is the second manufacturer to withdraw from this year's Birmingham motor show, although Chrysler, Jeep and Smart will be there. It joins BMW, which announced its decision last year. The company says it has decided to channel resources to other customer events during the year, including equestrian pursuits like the Blenheim horse trials.

“This gets us in front of customers and potential customers,” says a spokesman. The SMMT is planning a series of radical changes to the show, at the NEC from October 22 to November 3, as it bids to raise visitor numbers and entice MG Rover and Mitsubishi to exhibit.

The two carmakers have yet to decide whether to attend, citing cost as a major sticking point. They are expected to make an announcement by the end of the month.



If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.