AM Online

Pininfarina to build next Volvo convertible

Pininfarina SpA and Volvo Car Corporation have signed an agreement with the aim of developing and manufacturing Volvo's next generation convertible.

A joint venture company will be formed and based in Uddevalla, Sweden, where the current Volvo C70 convertible has been built since 1997 in a plant established by Volvo's previous partner in convertibles, TWR. This new company, which will be called "Pininfarina Sverige AB", will be responsible for all operations at the Uddevalla plant, including project management, process engineering, prototyping and testing services.

Pininfarina will hold a majority 60% shareholding, with Volvo Car Corporation holding the remaining 40%. The top management structure, which has not yet been decided, will be a combination of Pininfarina and Volvo executives.

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.