Join a Great Place to Work® and grow your accounts experience with a prestige automotive brand
We are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join Marshall Motor Group’s Volvo Hull Honda Accounts dealership, to assist with managing accounts. Reporting to the Dealership Accountant, this role offers an experienced Accounts Assistant an excellent opportunity to join a supportive team at an official Great Place to Work.
What does a typical day involve?
- Managing the purchase ledger, including processing invoices and reconciliations
- Completing daily banking routines including base book and bank reconciliations
- Actioning payment requests for dealership transactions
- Confirming customer payments are made as requested
- Providing general accounts office support including responding to queries from internal and external customers
- Working as part of a team of qualified and unqualified accounting professionals
What skills and experience are required to be successful?
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in an accounting support role, ideally from within the motor trade (preferred but not essential). You will have experience with accounting software (ideally Kerridge), and intermediate Excel skills. In addition to your technical skills, you will also demonstrate the following strengths:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Why Marshall Motor Group?
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Up to £2000 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
- Loyalty rewards for length of service