My client is a well established firm based in Coalville
They are now seeking a Service Engineer based in the Midlands who will be able to assist and support the Sales team to ensure the efficient pre and after sales duties.
The ideal candidate will understand the needs of the business and the requirement for flexible working hours.
Essential knowledge Base:
* Must be compliant with diesel generators up to 2MW in particular sets with various engines and alternator, Eg, Perkins, Doosan, Stamford, Meccalte and Cummins
* Engineering qualifications in a relevant engineering area is a must,16th or 17th Edition will be an asset.
* Experience and good working knowledge of Control system wiring, ie, Deepsea, Comap controllers, paralleling systems.
* An up to date understanding of Health and Safety regulations
* Minimum 4 years experience
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ensure all generator sets are Pre-Delivery inspected (PDI) prior to delivery in line with PDI plan and with manufacturers’ recommendations and where appropriate, carry out those service and maintenance tasks;
* Respond to and diagnose all operational faults as is necessary
* Ensure all maintenance records are kept in line with company requirements
* Ensure Service Level Agreements are implemented to the required levels both by internal departments and third party
* Report relevant operational issues to the MD;
* Ability to identify and suggest ideas for system & process improvement;
* Identify and meet the needs of all delegated customers and to offer support, advice and problem solving when required;
* Identify parts for sales and ordering processes
* Carry out Service commissioning when required including installation
* Maintain Company vehicle in accordance with Company policy
* Ensure that all Health & Safety legislative requirements on site are adhered to and continuously improved; ensure that all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and understood by all contractors where relevant; ensure that all COSHH assessments are understood and worked to by all contractors where relevant
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in working effectively alongside a team of Sales personnel and customers
- Ideally you will need to be and diesel generator engineer with strong knowledge of Cummins, Perkins, Doosan John Deere engines and Stamford, Meccalte Alternators
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Effectively represent the Company e.g. on site visits whilst meeting the needs of a business partner. Develop partner relationships through trust and performance;
- Excellent time-management whilst flexibly prioritising, planning and monitoring own activity, performance and progress;
- Able to accept multiple objectives and prioritise accordingly;
- Entrepreneurial, innovative thinker able to look at different solutions to business and operational problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Responds proactively to short term business needs which may impact on normal role performance;
- Works hard to achieve set targets;
- Works hard on a personal level to overcome difficulty in achieving results
- Keen to improve skills, learn from mistakes and accept constructive feedback
- Adheres to company processes, procedures and accuracy of administration to achieve results for the team.
* Provision of a company laptop, mobile phone and Pic up truck for business purposes.
* 23 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
* Employer pension contribution
* Required licence or certification:
* Drivers Licence
* Forklift drivers licence
Hours of work - 39 hrs p/w, Mon – Thur 9.00 – 1700 and Friday 9.00 – 1600hrs*
*Overtime may be required
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.