We are looking for an experienced After Sales Service Engineer to join our client on a permanent basis. The position will be mainly office based but will require so travel within the Midlands.
£28,000 - £32,000 per Annum + company car depending upon experience.
After sales Service Engineer - Power Generation
Our Client is seeking a Service Engineer based in the Midlands who will be able to assist and support the Sales team to ensure the efficient pre and after sales duties. The ideal candidate will understand the needs of the business and the requirement for flexible working hours.
Essential knowledge Base:
* Must be compliant with diesel generators up to 2MW with various engines and alternator, Eg, Perkins, Doosan, Stampford, Meccalte and Cummins
* Engineering qualifications in a relevant engineering area is a must.
* Experience and good working knowledge of Control system wiring, ie, Deepsea, Comap controllers
* An up to date understanding of Health and Safety regulations
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ensure all engines are Pre-Delivery inspected (PDI) prior to delivery in line with PDI plan and with manufacturers’ recommendations and where appropriate, carry out those service and maintenance tasks;
* Respond to and diagnose all operational faults as is necessary
* Ensure all maintenance records are kept in line with company requirements
* Ensure Service Level Agreements are implemented to the required levels both by internal departments and third party
* Report relevant operational issues to the MD;
* Ability to identify and suggest ideas for system & process improvement;
* Identify and meet the needs of all delegated customers and to offer support, advice and problem solving when required;
* Identify parts for sales and ordering processes
* Carry out Service commissioning when required including installation
* Maintain Company vehicle in accordance with Company policy
Ensure that all Health & Safety legislative requirements on site are adhered to and continuously improved; ensure that all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and understood by all contractors where relevant; ensure that all COSHH assessments are understood and worked to by all contractors where relevant.
Please contact Jon Roome on (phone number removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.