What does a Body Repair Multiskilled MET Technician do?
Our Solus Multiskilled MET Technicians are skilled in diagnosing and fixing faults. Due to the high level of technology within modern vehicles they hone their skills in mechanics and electrics by removing, renewing, and refitting mechanical and electrical systems and vehicle trims following accident damage. Using their expert judgement to ascertain the best course of action in each individual case. Utilising the latest tools and technology our Mechanical Electrical Trim Technicians return vehicles back to factory standards after an accident.
As a Solus Multiskilled Technician you can opt to study Panel as a second discipline making you an elite member of the Solus team.
What will Solus do to support me while I study?
Our programme is designed to give you support in your career journey where you are recognised for your achievements at every step of the way.
- Solus Automotive Industry Experience Days
- Internal and external awards and recognition.
- You will be provided a full tool kit
- Placed on a predefined progression plan over the course of your career with salary increases.
- On site mentor
- Access to the latest training and technical specialists in the country
Who is the Training Provider?
Our training is conducted in partnership with GTG Training. The Glasgow Training Group was established in Kirkintilloch, Glasgow, in 1971, with the aim of delivering high-quality apprenticeships across the West of Scotland for the automotive industry.
- Top quality training methods, materials and resources
- Technical specialists with industry expertise
- The most advanced repair methods and standards within the industry
- Support from a world-leading vehicle About GTG Training | GTG
- Excellent pastoral care.
Who are we looking for?
Our programme is designed to be entered at any stage of your post 16 education or career. You may have already completed part of your study an apprenticeship elsewhere or just be thinking about your next steps after your GCSE’s. Solus will tailor the course to suit your level of ability. All we ask is that you have GCSE Maths and English at C (4) grade or above (or an equivalent) and have a passion for what we do.
In today’s climate of budget cuts and the high cost of tuition, the option of going to university and continuing your education may not be the right choice for everyone and a degree may not necessarily be the requirement for many employers where experience and work-based skills are of more value.
- A chance to earn while you learn • No tuition fees or extra debt • Nationally recognised qualifications • Work experience with a reputable employer • Training in the skills that you need for your job role • Support throughout your learner journey • The opportunity to develop both personally and professionally • Great new experiences and new people • The first step on your career
What could your future look like?