Assistant Service Manager
Job Type: Full-time position, Mon -
Fri 8.00 to 18.00 Alternate Saturdays 8.00 to 13.00 47.50 hours per week
Salary: £24.000 to £30.000 OTE
My client, one of the fastest-growing car dealerships in the North West with 4 branches, are now looking for an experienced Assistant Service Manager to join the team at their Chorley site. They are a large privately owned dealer group employing over 250 employees, 60% of whom have been with them for 5 years or more. they have a strong relationship with the manufacturers they represent and have a passion for “driving excellence” in all that they do ensuring we connect with both internal and external customers and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Company pension scheme
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional half day off for birthday plus a birthday gift
- Gifts at Christmas
- Great savings across a number of departments
- Staff car and Tech scheme along with great discounts across a number of departments.
The key responsibilities will include
- To manage the process of optimising workshop/reception resources to meet agreed departmental budgets. To ensure customer requirements are fully understood and communicated in an effective manner to other members of the department.
- To calculate and manage the effective use of workshop/department resources
- Monitor individual and department efficiencies to ensure key performance indicators are met.
- Plan the distribution of work amongst the team utilising available skills mix.
- Identify individual training and development needs.
- Manage liaison between workshop and service reception on customer vehicle progress.
- Manage department standards in accordance with Manufacturer Standards.
- Resolve customer issues in line with company standards and customer expectations. Manage any necessary liaison with Market Area Service Manager regarding customer dissatisfaction.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to the requirements of Brand service requirements and customer satisfaction indicators.
- Maintain safe working practices and abide by the working rules and standards.
- Maintain and develop your own skills and technical knowledge. Agree development plan with the line manager.
- Interact with members of other departments to develop the team culture.
Applicants must display high standards of professionalism and motivation, encourage beneficial change and support the company’s strategic goals for driving excellence.
If you like the look of what’s on offer and want to work in a fun, friendly team with great incentives, send your CV by clicking the “Apply Now” button below!