My client is an exciting and fast growing national automotive organisation seeking an experienced and proactive Assistant Warehouse Site Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for assisting in managing the routine operational requirements of the Warehouse through strict adherence to Safe Systems of Work, implementing the companies' standard operating policies, procedures and practices. This is a permanent full time role, working 11am to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday.
This interesting and varied role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Motivate, support and develop the operational management team, as individuals, and as a team, to deliver the business objectives and KPIs.
- Support and develop the management team to ensure they motivate, support and develop their teams to achieve the operational requirements of the warehouse.
- Effective smooth implementation of Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensure all warehouse operational staff comply with all aspects of Legal and Company defined legislations and policies.
- Support Site Manager in the achievement of pre-determined profit and cost objectives.
- Ensure the company initiatives are monitored and driven effectively.
- To motivate and encourage team members at all times.
- To hold regular team briefings to keep everyone informed on performance and communicate important information and changes.
- Ensure effective delivery of excellent Customer Services at all levels reflecting a professional corporate image.
- Ensure a pro-active approach to Customer Service is taken throughout the Site.
- Ensure accurate periodic Stock audits are carried out in line with Company requirements.
- Liaise with Site Manager to ensure effective on site awareness and implementation of Company Health & Safety Policy and current Health & Safety Regulations at all levels.
- Ensure Site Risk assessments are reviewed and updated regularly.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Experience in a logistical environment
- Experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of team management and development
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Experience of Health & Safety management in a similar environment
- Good knowledge of warehouse processes
- Good staffing levels/planning
- Can demonstrate an understanding of HR best practice
- Good Microsoft Office application skills