We are looking for skilled and experienced vehicle TECHNICIAN to join a franchised dealer team in Yeovil. The business has been operating for over 90 years, enjoying a great reputation, and representing a range of quality brands – including Hybrid and Electric models. They can offer a pleasant and professional environment in a modern, state of the art workshop.
You will be provided with manufacturer training in addition to a competitive salary structure, including a monthly bonus scheme and a profit share annual bonus – all tailored to reflect your individual skills, experience and qualifications.
Your daily activities will centre around the following tasks: -
- Carrying out routine maintenance and servicing checks / repairs in line with the requirements of the manufacturer.
- Undertaking fault diagnosis on engines, transmissions, brakes, air conditioning, security features and fuel systems.
- Carry out repair / service operations to engine units, drive trains, suspension components, brakes, air conditioning systems, electrical, emissions systems and all interior trim components.
- Use of IT for on-line technical support, diagnostic`s, electronic vehicle health checks, manufacturer training etc.
- Interaction with customers to identify / understand concerns with vehicle running performance and to advise about technical issues.
- Road testing vehicles on completion of repair / service work, accompanying customers for demonstration of vehicle concerns or faults.
Essential skills / experience & qualifications required: -
- Relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level or IMI 3).
- Time served as an Apprentice and Technician within a franchised or independent workshop (minimum 3 years).
- A current and clean full driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of motor vehicle technology with the ability to undertake a wide range or related technical tasks.
kream motor recruitment is a motor trade-specific recruitment agency based near Exeter covering the whole of the south west; specialising in permanent vacancies in franchised and independent motor dealers/repair workshops. Backed up by 60+ years joint experience in most departments we believe our professionalism, industry understanding, and reputation are unrivalled. Please visit our website to view all our current vacancies.