Baling Plant Operative – Winsford
SYNETIQ an IAA company are currently recruiting for a Baling plant Operative to be based at our Winsford site, working full time Monday to Friday typically 08.30 – 17.00.
We are the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. SYNETIQ is a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
What’s the role?
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the day to day running of the yard and baling plant. This will involve operating machinery such as a Doosen, Baler and Forklift. The baling plant operation is an important area within the business and can be fast paced with a high volume of cars coming through the department for end-of-life disposal.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Use of a forklift helping move vehicles around the site, In and out of various departments and onto the storage racking.
- Use of our 360 Excavator, picking cars apart as per SYNETIQ process to ensure all end-of-life cars are ready to be crushed and disposed of correctly and safely.
- Use of a Car Baler (Crusher), Safely operating this machine to bale cars ready for collection and environmental disposal.
- Loading and unloading of lorries as and when required
- Image and report any issues on site to the site manager.
- Ensure that all works are undertaken in accordance with health and safety standards, that all tools, equipment and ramps used (including de-pollution rig if required) are properly maintained in accordance with best practice, any waste spills dealt with, and that the workplace is kept in a clean, safe and tidy condition at all times.
- Ensure that all paperwork and electronic records are completed accurately and on time
- Provide cover for any other appropriate and any other duties as may be required
What kind of person would be suited?
- Have experience in a machine handling role, ideally experience using a Baler and Doosen (Training will be offered to the right applicant)
- Forklift experience
- Have a basic understanding of vehicle parts
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner
- Work well on your own or as part of a busy team
- Strong communication skills
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and multitask methodically
- Must be able to lift and handle heavy weights in a safe manner
- Experience of working outdoors in all weathers