Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its UK-based engineering division, Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE), is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers. Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
Sourcing, negotiating and procurement of goods and services to ensure that project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Communicate any supply problems which may impact on the project
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant engineering and program departments
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Identify and evaluate supply chain risk whilst developing robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make project savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers and prepare supplier nominations, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to the relevant project.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (e.g. TS 16949, ISO 90012014).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years working in procurement environment within the automotive sector
- ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities