A major transport and logistics provider is looking for class 1 Drivers on a permanent basis for day shifts, starting at between 5am to 7am, on a 12 hour shift.
ROLE: Class 1 Drivers - Day shift
BASIC SALARY: £33500 plus overtime
BENEFITS: Lots of benefits from overtime, discounts for Gyms and restaurants, healthcare, free eye care vouchers, free CPC training, mobile phone discounts and much more.
HOURS: Days: From 5am to 7am, 12 hour shifts
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer’s premises or other locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing the company whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD’s and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with policies and procedures.
Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management
Nice to have: Clean driving licence, Up to date drivers CPC, Great communication and organisational skills.
Essential: Category C+E driving licence, Minimum 12 months class 1 driving experience on UK roads, No more than 6 penalty points, No driving convictions,
An understanding of the law relating to drivers hours regulations and tachographs.