Our client is an independent classic Italian car specialist. They are particularly known as the UK’s place to go for the transaxle Alfa Romeos of the 70s to 90s though they also usually have a range of Italian cars from Fiat Dinos, 124s, 130s to the various models of the well-loved 105 series range of Alfas. They provide a comprehensive and first-class service to their customers including general servicing, full restorations, car sales, car sourcing and inspection, engine and gearbox rebuilds, performance upgrades, and track day & historic racing car building, preparation and support.
They are looking to recruit an experienced classic car engineer on a full time, permanent contract to perform a complete range of services from general maintenance to full restorations as well as providing race car and track day support alongside the team.
* A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the classic car restoration field.
* Experience with all aspects of engine building, including tuning to individual customer specifications.
* The ability to work to concours level standards of fit and finish.
* To be able to work well both as part of a small professional team and independently, problem solving and performing under pressure when required, such as at race meetings when time is in short supply.
* A genuine ‘in the blood’ enthusiasm for the classic car world.
* Ideally, though not necessarily essential, experience of working on Italian cars of the 60s to 80s, in particular the Alfa Romeo marque.
* Full, clean UK Driving license (Essential). Towing experience/license would be useful, though not essential.
* 40 hours Monday to Friday 8:30 – 5:30 with an hour unpaid for lunch.
* 6 or 7 weekends out of the year to attend race meetings to run clients’ cars
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.