Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its UK based engineering division, Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE), is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers. Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre Europe, Unit 1, Wyatt Way, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
To produce machined parts as required, while maintaining standards of accuracy and finish. Machines to use include Hardinge Twin Spindle Multi Axis, DMG Mori NLX and ALX Lathes.
Responsible for writing programs, setting including 1st off verification before quality control inspection and running the relevant machines to produce precision components from engineering drawings. Planning, coordinating tooling purchase to support each component and ensure gauges are requested if required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce precision components to Engineering drawings to ensure all tolerances of the components are meet. (Materials include Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Plastics.)
- Logging and cataloging of the CNC programs through In house software database.
- Optimizing production techniques to increase efficiency
- Follow all manufacturing procedures to complete the required parts
- Ensuring a detailed handover between night and day shift.
- Participate in Machine shop meetings and relay any production issues to the Production Team.
- Manufacture parts to drawings using CNC machine tools.
- Identify Material and Tooling requirements to manufacture parts
- Participate in resource planning activities
- Complete process cards with the necessary information required for Quality, Material Traceability and Resource Planning purposes.
- Liaise with Quality Control department to ensure the highest possible standards.
- Set and operate machines in a safe manner.
- Use safety equipment such as machine guards where necessary.
- Perform basic daily maintenance to machines e.g. cleaning, lubrication etc.
- Maintain the work area in a tidy condition free from hazards.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (e.g. TS 16949, ISO 90012014).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 year experience of making complex turned components in a similar production environment role. Ideally in the automotive sector
- Apprentice trained and to have completed a HNC or equivalent
- Able to work at pace & multitask / prioritise workloads
- Strong communicator at all levels, both face to face & over the telephone / email
- Understanding of Manufacturing Process.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Use and experience of Cad Cam systems would be useful.
- Understanding of GD&T detailed drawings an advantage.
- Experience and capability of working to 0.01mm diametric tolerances.
- Experienced use of Fanuc, Siemens, & Mitsubishi (DMG MORI) controls. With Multi axis knowledge.