The main purpose of a Vospers Commercial Vehicle Technician is to carry out service, repair and maintenance to customers vehicles, to the highest possible standard commensurate with a high level of customer satisfaction.
To carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs to customers vehicles.
* Interpret repair instructions accurately to achieve first time repair in line with customer requirements.
* Plan and carry out servicing work in a systematic and efficient manner to achieve completion with a satisfactory period of time.
* Ensure vehicles are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of the vehicle whilst it is on the premises for service.
* If necessary, talk to customers directly about vehicle problems, therefore aiding the diagnostic process; first time fix and improving customer satisfaction.
* Undertake a vehicle health check on all retail and warranty jobs, maximize sales opportunities when extra work is required.
* Road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when necessary.
* Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and promptly.
* Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and safe state all times.
* To ensure all Vospers equipment and machinery is regularly checked and kept up to a satisfactory standard.
* Inform Workshop Controller promptly of the need for any additional work and any repair difficulties so contact can be made with the customer.
* Instruct and train any trainee placed in your care in line with their needs and to Service Department standards.
* Respect your colleague’s views and requests for assistance. Be constructive and helpful in discussions on new ideas that will improve procedures.
* Increase knowledge
* Develop knowledge of the latest technical information and repair procedures by consulting the franchise literature, training manuals and technical service bulletins.
* Attend training courses as and when required with the attitude to learn and improve knowledge.
* General Activity
* Keep up to date with all product knowledge of entire range and comparable product ranges of Vospers competitors.
* Work with your Line Manager and Senior Management Team in discussing the needs of Vospers and the rest of the team.
* Work with your Line Manager and Senior Management Team following all processes and procedures that are put in place.
* Help to promote and provide a positive working environment for all, encapsulating the Vospers Employee Core Values and Mission Statement.
* Develop both your own, your team and Company knowledge through attending various training opportunities.
* Ensure security is maintained within the department and Company premises.
* Constantly review all areas of responsibility and discuss any ideas for future improvement.
* Interact with other team members in and outside of your department to promote the Vospers culture.
* Maintain a professional standard of dress to portray a professional image of the company.
* Maintain safe working practice and abide by all working rules set out on site.
* Undertake any other duties that are reasonably required by your Line Manager to meet the needs of the Business.This role is based in a workshop but you may be required to work some evenings or weekends and also may be asked to carry out mobile work.
We require someone who is flexible and has the ability to work as part of a team but also on his or her own. You must be IMI level 2 but preferably IMI level 3
Salary: To be discussed at interview.
Location: Valley Road, Plymouth.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Additional Benefits include: Staff discounts in sales and service, staff referral scheme, pension, Company car, flu vouchers, eye care vouchers, counselling services, staff events and charity days, extensive training and support including work related professional qualifications and more….
People are important at Vospers and have a real say. It's important to the directors that everyone feels that they're part of something special.Care - Accountability - Performance - Respect - Integrity
* We are proud that so many of our people stay with us and develop their careers at Vospers over the long term. Over 100 of our staff have completed between 10 and 40-years’ service with the company.
* At Vospers we have a Mission Statement that really expresses what we're all about and our Core Values sit at the heart of everything we do:
* Vospers has been the home of motoring in the south west for over 70 years and our success is built by and through our people.We have over 650 talented staff across our various sites throughout the west country; at its heart Vospers is still very much a family company.
* If you are looking for a challenge as one of our Commercial Technicians, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.