Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time.
We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo's Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
Due to our continued success, an opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Vehicle Technician to work at our Liverpool site working Friday from 6am to 4.30pm, Saturday and Sunday from 6am to 6.30pm and Monday from 6am to 12.30pm.
The main job function will be to undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on commercial vehicles of all makes & types to the highest standard within the scheduled times, to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
Other duties will include:
- To ensure that all time spent and materials used are accurately recorded on job cards and other media as required.
- To ensure that all vehicles are thoroughly examined, report on the condition / serviceability / safety of vehicles, explain repairs or observed issues to customers as required.
- Ensuring that all work undertaken complies with both dealership and manufacturers’ safety standards.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Served a recognised apprenticeship or other dealership approved training scheme.
- Obtained a City & Guilds qualification or other adequate qualifications to NVQ level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance.
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles, experience of working on Commercial Vehicles is required.
- Receive training and maintain best practice in manual handling methods.
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving.
- A care for and attention to detail.
- Undertaken manufacturers’ training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data.
- A full and current UK driving licence is essential; a class 1 HGV licence would be a distinct advantage.
- We offer class leading rates of pay which include a Technician grade bonus payment, shift allowance, enhanced overtime rates and company profit share scheme.
- Company sick pay and Employee Assistance Program.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Loyalty holidays, weekly pay.
- Uniform and refreshments provided, free on-site parking.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.