Our GDPR Officer will report to our Compliance Manager. Responsibilities include advising on our compliance with GDPR, monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards. You will also create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver GDPR training to our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws and be familiar with our industry and the nature of its data processing activities. You should also know how to perform audits to our current procedures.
More about the role
• Review any potential data breaches and assign a score.
• Discuss scores with management – assess severity of the breach
• Report to ICO if score exceeds threshold
• Data cleansing in accordance with legislation
• Review and cross reference GDPR policies – make sure all information is relevant
• Review supplier agreements to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements.
• Managing the processing of SARs and data requests from our customers, employees (in conjunction with HR) and third parties, and supporting the Compliance Manager more widely.
• Liaising and corresponding with data subjects to acknowledge and respond to their data subject rights requests.
• Liaising with various teams within the business to retrieve personal data.
• Preparing personal data for sharing with data subjects (including document redaction and the utilising of exemptions available under law- full training will be provided).
• Ensuring SARs are processed quickly and efficiently and escalating complex cases to the Compliance Manager, so that they can assist and provide guidance when required.
• Preparing and maintaining accurate records of the progress and outcome of each request.
• Support the Compliance Manager with the investigation and recording of Data Breaches.
• Providing other ad-hoc support to the Compliance Manager as required.
• Register new starters on GDPR training system – removing any leavers
More about you
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Experience of creating, monitoring and collating data from excel spreadsheets.
• Sound practical knowledge of common ICT software packages, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Understanding the importance of confidentiality and to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
• Communicating effectively (verbal, non-verbal, written, digital)
• Outstanding organisation skills
• Proven ability to build, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
A bit more about the family
Founded in 2003 by Michael Smyth and his three sons, David, Peter and John, Swansway has grown from five motor dealerships in Cheshire and the West Midlands to the 20 dealerships we have today. From Birmingham in the South to Carlisle in the North we partner with eleven brands including; Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Honda and many more.
We’re expanding our own-brand, Motor Match our used sites, and we don’t stop at dealerships; we operate four Volkswagen Group Trade Part Centres, an Accident Repair Centre, a Group Fleet Sales Centre and an eBay shop re-cycling obsolete part. All this is supported by our Head Office in Crewe.
But, it’s not what we do that makes us the company we are, it’s how we do it; it’s our family heritage that sets us apart, with the Smyth family playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the business; we genuinely care about our customers and our Swansway family and that makes us a great place to work. We live our caring, honest and proud values which is why our long service boards are brimming with names who’ve been with us five, ten and fifteen years.
Benefits of working for Swansway Group
• Company pension scheme
• Life assurance (death in service benefit)
• Holidays that increase with length of service
• Access to employee EAP
• Long service recognition
• Cycle to work scheme
• Annual flu jab
• Generous staff discounts on products and services
When you join Swansway, you’re joining a family; so, if you enjoy, and thrive in, an inclusive family atmosphere, please apply to join us