RLE International is working on behalf of their Cranfield, Bedfordshire based Client, who are currently looking for a Connected Car Test Engineer to support and join their expanding team.
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
We are positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
Connected Car Test Engineer
* As part of the Vehicle Validation team, you will be responsible for validating the connected car systems End to End from application to Vehicle against client’s specifications and regulatory requirements.
* Confirm End to End system validation for connected cars within the on-board and off-board environment.
* Raise incident tickets in the incident management system and track them through to closure.
* Develop testing methods & procedures that comply with client’s specifications and regulatory requirements to ensure robust validation of the complete telematics systems.
Confirm vehicle level quality, function & reliability standards are maintained by the changes you will be validating.
* Cross functional working with project quality, management and engineering teams to ensure early response & transparency to concerns.
* Conduct Root cause investigation of complex concerns with the stakeholders.
Creation of test reports in line with vehicle testing
Experience & Requirements:
* Bachelor of Engineering degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
* Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development relating to vehicle body electronics, navigation or telematics systems e.g., in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
* Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
* Have a good awareness of Connected car system onboard & offboard
* Experience of MS Azure OMS & Kusto Query is an advantage but not essential
Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
* Have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft presentation.
Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
* Be self-motivating and self-managing, Pro-active, energetic, and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
* Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, on some occasions travel may be long distance and/or at short notice.
* Valid UK/European driving licence is ESSENTIAL.
Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Free on-site parking
£24.38 - £31.00 per hour PAYE depending on each candidate's experience
Subsidised on-site restaurant
Working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm,
Due to working on behalf of our Client, unfortunately if you require sponsorship to work in the UK, my client cannot offer sponsorship, and your application will be automatically declined.
**NO AGENCY CALLING
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.