Pembrook Resourcing are looking for a Design Engineer to join their client, a well renowned Manufacturing Company within the area.
Product design of automotive components and systems from concept through to production
Design Engineer Responsibilities –
· Involvement in all aspects of the product design and development process from initial concept to production
· Liaise with internal and external customers to define requirements and specifications for new products
· Generate initial concept schemes
· Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems
· Identify new systems and process to drive quality, efficiency and cost reduction
· Work as an individual contributor or as part of a team on multiple projects of varying size, scope, and complexity
· Respond quickly to shifting priorities without losing sight of longer range projects and goals
· Work with Manufacturing and Quality to ensure a robust and cost-effective design of products
· Create and own CAD models and assemblies utilizing best practice surfacing and solid modelling techniques
· Produce component and assembly drawings including GD&T, specifications and finishes
· Manage design document control, including initial costed BOMS to support commercial validation of product
· Uphold all polices in relation to health, Safety and Welfare
Design Engineer Requirements –
· Degree in Engineering discipline or Product Design, MEng/MSc preferred
· High CAD proficiency in Catia V5, typically 5-10 years experience
· Ability to find robust, elegant, and innovative solutions to complex problems
· Understanding and experience of design techniques and methodologies
· Ability to juggle multiple projects, and maintain momentum on a mix of long and short-term projects
· Strong analytical skills and understanding of engineering fundamentals
· Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team, with a positive 'can-do’ attitude.
· Familiarity with plastic injection moulding and other high-volume manufacturing processes
· Ability to sketch and visually communicate ideas quickly and effectively
· Experience or knowledge of a complex high volume manufactured consumer product would be of benefit
· Strong problem solving abilities, attention to detail and reliability.
· Ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained and pressured environment.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE CORRECT CONTACT DETAILS, SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU REGARDING THE APPLICATION MADE! We wish you the best of luck!