. Net Developer – Remote
SYNETIQ, an IAA company are looking for an experienced .Net Developer to join the team in the UK.
IAA is a leading global marketplace connecting vehicle buyers and sellers. Leveraging leading-edge technology and focusing on innovation, IAA’s unique multichannel platform globally processes more than 2.5 million vehicles annually. Headquartered in Westchester, IL, and quoted on the NYSE, IAA has over 4,000 talented employees and over 190 facilities throughout the US, Canada and the United Kingdom.
IAA UK is a forward thinking and progressive company which has been serving the industry for over 50 years. It provides the best and most effective salvage collection and disposal service, for the UK’s top insurance, fleet and accident management companies. It has an expanding network of UK sites with over 650 employees and is renowned for processing over 120,000 vehicles every year.
This position will work remotely, but may be required to visit our Head Office, located in Canvey Island, Essex and our other sites located across the UK if required.
Write Web Services to be consumed by B2B partners, using Web API or WCF technologies depending on the application architecture
- Write server side web application code in C#/ASP.NET/MVC based on the design
- Write optimized code in C# and SQL server
- Work in Azure cloud services (IAAS, PAAS) for modern application development
- Respond pro-actively to production support
- Perform testing of web applications including Unit and Integration Testing
- Create technical documents
- Provide end user technology support and troubleshooting
- Work on projects adhering to Enterprise Architecture guidelines
- Work with peers and under the supervision of the team lead
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in C#, ASP.NET, MVC
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in jQuery, JSON, JS, CSS, Telerik/kendo controls
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in writing Stored Procs, DB knowledge (SQL Server)
- 2-3 years of experience in Asynchronous Programming using C#
- 2-3 years of experience in Typescript, HTML5
- 1-2 years of experience in .NET Core, PAAS and Micro Services
- Ability to interface effectively with project managers, project team, technical staff, business owners and business users in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the project team, other application teams and clients is required
- Possess a high-energy level, a strong sense of urgency, be self-motivated and work extremely well under pressure.
- Strong organisation, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Solid experience with Microsoft personal productivity tools (Excel, Word).
What we offer our team :-
- BEN Employee Support Program
- Workplace pension – Higher % contribution paid by IAA (after 90 day postponement period)
- Access to Employee Shopping Discount Scheme – BenefitHub
- Annual Leave – 30 days (inclusive of 8 days public holidays), increasing by 1 day each calendar year to a maximum of 33 days
- Employee Referral bonus scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives including Everymind at Work offereing free access to the Everymind App and webinars.
- Employee Recognition Awards