Executive Assistant to Managing Director
Full Time – Flexible on location in East Coast of Scotland (Hybrid role)
Are you a masterful problem-solver, that thrives in a fast-paced environment and always feels inspired to deliver to the very highest standard possible? A rare opportunity has arisen at John Clark Motor Group for an Executive Assistant to the Managing Director and other Senior Directors. A fast paced, dynamic, and ever-changing role that will see the Executive Assistant involved in all aspects of the business in a critical support role at the top level. This position is a key hire, and the successful individual will have a passion for organising / helping others. This is an extremely varied role which requires a high degree of flexibility, as well as being able to demonstrate excellent technical, organisation and co-ordinating skills. You must be able to work with a team that are remotely based due to hybrid working practices now in place across the business. You will be capable of pre-empting situations, while also being confident using initiative to make informed decisions. With a pragmatic and proactive approach, you'll work efficiently with imagination and minimal direction, remaining calm and resilient when under pressure. John Clark Motor Group is a busy, hard-working, family oriented, fun company, this is what makes a career with John Clark Motor Group so exciting..
Executive Assistant support to the Managing Director and other Senior Directors responsibilities:
- Complex diary management across multiple locations
- Main point of communication, distributing key information around department teams, tailoring presentations for a variety of audiences and contributing to the company’s communications to the wider organisation
- Compilation of all materials and ensuring the Managing Director/other Senior Directors have them in advance and available for every meeting
- Produce reports and briefs to support the Managing Director/other Senior Directors as necessary
- Book and manage travel arrangements
- Accurate storing and organising of Managing Directors work and documents
- Prepare agendas and act as minute taker, when appropriate
- Discreetly handle queries, requests, and appointments
- Carry out tasks related to business and personal matters outside the company as necessary
- Liaise with key contacts of other commercial ventures
Essential Skills & Experience as Executive Assistant:
- Strong EA experience, preferably within a similar environment
- Capable of creating a range of papers, presentations, correspondence, and reports
- Sound understanding/experience of governance issues within a privately owned ltd company
- Level-headed and composed when the pressure is high, and deadlines are tight
- Experience in working across business and personal matters and able to knit the two seamlessly
- Confident using a range of IT packages, along with excellent written and proof-reading skills
- Hands-on, hardworking and personable demeanour with a good sense of humour.
- Loyal and dedicated, professional and an ambassador for our business.
- Able to pre-empt the Managing Directors needs and work proactively
- Extremely organised and responsive to the needs of the Managing Director
For the right candidate we are open to location of role within East Coast of Scotland, if required, along with offering an excellent salary package with additional outstanding benefits including contributing pension fund, health insurance.
So… What happens next?
Like the sound of this position? Once applied, our Recruitment Team will review your CV. If suitable, a member of the team will contact you to advise your CV has now been sent to the hiring manage.
Extra attention will be given to applications that include a cover letter stating three qualities that you can bring to the role.