Marshall Motor Group have recently been named Employer of the Year at the 2021 Motor Trader Awards, the 2nd year in row we’ve been recognised in this way
We are seeking a Group Financial Accountant to join our group finance function and support our business with external financial reporting, consolidation accounting and managing the external audit cycle. Based in Milton Keynes (with the flexibility for some home working) and reporting to our Group Financial Controller, this role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis and provides the right individual with the chance to further their skills and experience in a busy PLC environment.
What does a typical day involve?
- Producing external financial reports including the Group’s published Annual Report and Interim Report
- Reviewing statutory financial statements, including all disclosures, for 30+ subsidiary entities under FRS 102
- Preparing quarterly and annual FCA returns
- Providing oversight of the annual external audit, liaising with external auditors and updating and escalating issues as required
- Monthly closing of group consolidation, including preparation and posting of all consolidation journals and FRS 102 to IFRS conversion adjustments
- Preparation of consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position and Cash Flow Statement for monthly board reporting in support of the FP&A Department
- Providing guidance and development to a supporting Accountant
- Assisting with ad-hoc accounting related project
What are the required skills and experience?
To be successful in this role you will have a professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and will ideally have experience both in practice and in industry. Due to the focus of this role, previous experience in accounts consolidation and oversight of the annual audit are important. In addition to your previous experience you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly within a fast paced environment
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Commercial acumen with the ability to understand operational impacts
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Why Marshall Motor Group?
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by Great Place to Work UK as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Company car provided
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Up to £2000 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity