Leeds / Hybrid (remote)
The Group Supply Chain Team are at the hub of the Cox UK and European Operation. The Team sits in a matrix organisation at the centre and supports Key Stakeholders across the Group, this allows us to take an overarching and unique view of the group to leverage not only spend but added value proposition into the Group business units.
The Group Supply chain team manage and govern, Risk, CSR, Due Diligence and SRM, contract management, the Function reports to the Chief Financial Officer –(an executive on the UK and European Boards).
Group supply chain typically spends in the order of £20M+ annually on Capex and £175M Annually in Opex over the UK and Europe and this figure increases annually as the strong success of the Cox business continues to grow and flourish, we are a merger and acquisition business, with 128 years of success and portfolio development.
The Team are subject matter experts and are called up on to offer advice and guidance to Business unit leaders at SLT and ELT levels.
You will be expected to:
- To deliver on individual procurement and cost savings targets in line with the established annual budgeting process. (Measured Quarterly)
- To comply with the Group savings reporting mechanism and produce/ support regular reports on performance and progress providing comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis as requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential for forecast and budgets.
- Undertake commercially astute procurement projects that are cost effective utilising total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis for the acquisition of goods and services that offer maximum value to Cox, under the Group Supply Chain Managers direction.
- Effectively communicate with internal Stakeholders to ensure understanding and visibility of the Cox IT procurement function.
- To work in a way that is consistent with Cox Family values, always demonstrating high performance and customer excellence.
- Ensure compliance to company policy on; safety, environmental, social responsibility and diversity when making purchases and recommendations to maximise value for Cox.
- Regularly provide MI demonstrating operational and financial performance of the relevant suppliers against your portfolio.
- Lead qualitative benchmarking exercises as required.
- Manage risk in line with Cox policies, and the supplier PQQ process
The Successful candidate should have strong evidence of managing and delivering supply chain contracts in a matrix organisation, with demonstrable savings, ideally in within the automotive sector and with European procurement experience would be an advantage but not essential.
You will have a strong business acumen and the ability to work across a matrix business and be agile and able to interpret and understand and work within multifaceted business supply chain issues and contract management.
You will be engaging, and confident with strong interpersonal and influencing skills. And have the ability to work independently with minimal Supervision.
You will be highly proficient in core Microsoft suites – such a PowerPoint, and Word, but be particularly strong in Excel, this is essential.
You should have strong if not expert negotiating skills, and will ideally be a fully trained negotiator, with experience on negotiating multi-Million-pound contracts often at executive level with the supplier.
You should have a comprehensive (expert) appreciation of supply chain Management and be able to provide working examples of using a broad array of procurement skills expertly Such as the following.
- Price Harmonization
- Volume Aggregation
- Create competition / Use E-Auctions (REAs)
- Comparative analysis
- Price List Analysis
- Purchase Price Cost Analysis (Tactical)
- Purchase Price Cost Analysis (Strategic)
- Incentivization through Results-based pricing
- Incentivization through Gainsharing
- Target Costing (structured unilateral benchmarking)
- Target Costing (joint benchmarking)
- Sealed bid tenders
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies and we're not looking to add to our PSL.
We do not accept unsolicited agency CV's sent to the recruitment team or directly to the hiring manager. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV's.