Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is a manufacturer with rapidly increasing deliveries of made to stock electrolyser modules delivered to sites worldwide. They are now looking for a Head of After-Sales Support to dispatch the commissioning and maintenance activities post Factory Acceptance Testing at these sites. This will extend to proactive and reactive maintenance along with development of support capabilities in new territories to underpin global sales expansion.
The role holder will be responsible for:
* Taking charge of all installations - worldwide
* Management of commissioning of all electrolyser module installations – 30 moving to 100 installations a year
* Management of team delivering the site install locally
* Delivering SAT to the point of client acceptance and according to standard contractual requirement
* Management of preventative maintenance plan – in conjunction with process engineering
* Fault finding, diagnosis, breakdown cover, technical assistance – according to contractual requirement
* Planning of spares stock and tools held at company headquarters
* Setting up, managing and sending response part kits, tool kits to rapidly respond to breakdowns maintaining high client product availability
* Planning, setting up and delivering the dispatch of fully digitised commissioning procedure to a local team with integrated 3D manual, training, 3D animated commissioning supported by high end PLM solution and delivered via hand held devices. After sales logistics (after sale supply chain) and maintenance activities supported by the same PLM enabled solution.
* Embedded KPIs reporting from this state of this art solution
* Ensuring all project and company HSEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded;
* Ensuring all Commissioning personnel are aware of and implement safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment;
* Managing, supporting and developing the Commissioning and Maintenance team;
* Maintaining and delivering Commissioning and Maintenance activities within budget, and where possible cost saving exercises;
* Systematically organising the handover of systems and relevant documentation to be delivered to customer for acceptance;
* Working closely with Production Management to ensure that mechanical completion and pre-commissioning and commissioning priorities are properly addressed, integrated and executed;
* Co-ordinating and supervising the team executing the relevant discipline work activities and assisting with dedicated technical support as required, including mentoring and training.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities include:
* Develop relationships with key stakeholders including suppliers, partners, media, key opinion leaders relative to our business; understand; research, review and feedback on the trends that will impact the Aftersales plan as it is developed; create and develop the strategy to build an exceptional customer following and customer engagement.
* Develop long-term plan for aftercare and support of the product over its lifecycle; build relationships with key stakeholders within the business; lead, motivate, coach and inspire employees and direct reports.
* Responsible for all aspects of the customer post-purchase satisfaction , the initial focus will be required on researching, developing and launching an Aftersales programme
* Create, develop and implement the role out of an appropriate training programme for commissioning and maintenance teams;
* Establishment of customer-oriented KPIs for the after-sales operation worldwide;
* Management of after-sales budgets, delivering prescribed and agree bottom line performance for the after-sales business
Essential experience, skills and qualifications
- Degree educated or equivalent in an Engineering related subject
- Experience of fully integrated service supply chain and solutions to optimise
- Experience of material planning systems to find the optimal balance between cost & availability and where & when to stock
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or Senior position in Commissioning
- Delivery focused with proven experience in achieving goals whilst maintaining high standards in HSEQ at all times
- Extensive knowledge of the Commissioning process, its implementation and management. Extensive knowledge of Hydrogen related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures
- Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work systems
- Able to work at both Project and Corporate levels
- Able to deliver training to personnel within the Commissioning teams - commitment to develop team members
- Able to interact with Management and Client representatives at all levels
- Confident in management of interface with contractor and vendor personnel
- Proven involvement with national/international aftersales activities;
- Managed substantial budgets;
- Experience managing multiple locations and ability to travel as necessary;
Conversant with Project tender / estimating process
Accident / Incident Investigation training
The candidate will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. Support will be given to the successful candidate as the role commences. Support will include but not be limited to Health and Safety requirements, company policies and procedures, site safety training and specific job role training.
Competitive salary depending on experience + additional off site rate, Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months, 25 days holiday plus stats
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.