- Annual Bonus
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Death in Service
- Private Medical (opt in)
Skillnet is a specialist provider of Apprenticeships in the automotive sector. Operating nationally, each year we manage the training for more than 4000 people. We run the national apprenticeship programs for Ford, Daf Trucks as well as programs for independent motor businesses and Production Engineering
The ideal candidate will be passionate about wanting to pass on their skills and experience to the vehicle technicians of the future, in both workshop and classroom while be willing to train towards a nationally recognized teaching qualification.
- You will hold a formal teaching qualification at Level 3 or higher qualification and preferably an Assessor (A1 / TAQA) and IQA qualification
- A minimum of 5-year vocational training experience in an Automotive environment
- Ideally, you will have completed an apprenticeship and have a few years’ experience within the motor trade
- Are able to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent Mathematics, English and ICT skills will be an essential part of your everyday teaching toolkit, so a level 2 or GCSE will be required.
- Be enthusiastic about the subject enabling you to teach and facilitate learning for all students
- Facilitating assessment for practical and theory sessions.
- Contributing to student pastoral systems
- Assist in curriculum innovation, development and implementation.
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver level 1, 2, 3 & level 4 programs to learners from various locations as requested.
- To assist in the development of the existing courses available to students.
- To assist the day-to-day activities of classes and specific courses.
- To mentor trainee staff as appropriate
- Undertake the duties associated with learning programs with regard to preparation, teaching and assessment in under-pinning knowledge, assignments, practical work, and any additional work.
- To attend customer meetings as required in order for the business to meet its business development needs.
- To deliver new activities that come on line to include planning and organisation of programs within the field of experience.
- Attend development meetings as required.
- Participate in marketing and promotional activities.
- Assist with enrolment duties, registrations/examinations and initial assessments.
- Assist with and formulate programs for students with additional learning and/or additional social needs.
- Adhere to Skillnet policy/guidelines including those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Initial Student Testing, Learning Difficulties, Disciplinary Procedures and Guidelines for using the Skillnet Centre.
- Actively participate in/contribute to any inspections carried out by external bodies.
- Assist with evening activities if required, undertaken by students on block release.
- Undertake staff development activities as deemed necessary.
- Be involved in annual appraisal systems, as an appraisee.
- To represent Skillnet at all times in a professional manner.
- To hold and carry out a cross centre responsibility as required by the Skillnet Training team.
- Customer focus
- To understand customer views, needs and objectives.
Commercial and business awareness
- To appoint suppliers who provide Skillnet with competitive pricing, and achieve economies of scale wherever possible.
Performance and results
- To ensure consistency of assessment process and co-ordination of on-the-job and off-the-job training.
- Provide information to managers and external bodies as required.
- To contribute and work as part of a team
- Mentor Junior Members of the team
Effective communications and impact
- To be able to communicate at all levels
Continuous improvement and management of change
- To use learning, best practice and past experience to the benefit of all our activities.
- To update professional and academic knowledge.
- Must be able to tutor and deliver Heavy vehicle, and preferably have light vehicle and electric vehicle
- Must have relevant teacher, assessor or IQA qualification level 3 or above
This job description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities of the job. These are subject to variation by Skillnet as is necessary to respond to both internal and external changes which the Company may experience.
We receive a high number of applications to all our jobs and do try to reply to all applicants, however, if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, unfortunately, we may not be able to help you at this time.