“Marshall Motor Group have recently been named Employer of the Year at the 2021 Motor Trader Awards, the 2nd year in row we’ve been recognised in this way”
We are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join our SKODA dealership in Gillingham to assist with managing accounts. You will be part of a team and will be ensuring dealership accounts are closely managed and accurately updated. Reporting to the Dealership Accountant, this role offers an experienced Accounts Assistant an excellent opportunity to join a supportive team at an official Great Place to Work.
What does a typical day involve?
- Managing the purchase ledger, including processing invoices and reconciliations
- Completing daily banking routines including base book and bank reconciliations
- Actioning payment requests for dealership transactions
- Confirming customer payments are made as requested
- Providing general accounts office support including responding to queries from internal and external customers
- Working as part of a team of qualified and unqualified accounting professionals
What skills and experience are required to be successful?
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in an accounting support role, ideally from within the motor trade (preferred but not essential). You will have experience with accounting software (ideally Kerridge), and intermediate Excel skills. In addition to your technical skills, you will also demonstrate the following strengths:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Commitment to the Marshall Values - People, Customers, Integrity & Innovation
Why Marshall Motor Group?
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Continuous training and development
- Employee helpline & free telephone counselling service
- Career progression
- ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
- Staff discount on Service & MOT’s (T&C’s apply)
- Colleague referral fee up to £2,000
- Company pension scheme
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity.