Company: The Independent Garage Association (Part of the Retail Motor Industry Federation)
Job Title: Membership Development Advisor
This is a rare opportunity to become part of the UK’s longest establish automotive trade body. This role could be your opportunity to join an organisation that leads the way for the independent garage sector, working with an enthusiastic, passionate team where belonging is part of the culture. If you are a self-motivated, target driven people person, who likes being out on the road, this could be the ideal role for you.
You will be ideally located in the North of the country, (Yorkshire/Lancashire) or the South West, (Gloucestershire/Somerset/Worcestershire), and like to travel.
Every day will give you the opportunity to connect with people who have a shared passion for not only cars but the automotive sector as a whole. From face to face meeting with business owners, to organising regional member events, to attending trade shows and being the face of the organisation.
What we're looking for:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A passion for all things automotive
- A natural desire to help members
- Computer literate
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Possess an unwavering can-do attitude
- Motivated to help a team achieve its goals
- Engaging with existing and prospective members
- Recruiting new members
- Carrying out visits to members garages
- Garage site inspections to ensure standards are met
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Being the face of the organisation to our members
- Travel throughout the UK, meaning occasional nights away from home
What we can offer you
- A team culture
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company car (Insurance restrictions apply so applicants must be over 25 with at least two years driving experience)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Full support and training
- Cash health plan (After completion of probation period)
- PPE to make your working environment COVID safe
This is an exciting time to join this forward-thinking growing trade association and would suit a candidate with the following skills/experience - Field Sales Representative, automotive industry, Independent garage sector, automotive aftermarket and sales account. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful team within a well-established market leading trade body.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 - £28,000.00 per year
You will have a background in the automotive aftermarket sector, with good market knowledge.