MET and Paint Technician vacancy / M.E.T Technician - Bodyshop
Salary negotiable depending on expertise - looking from £30,000 to £35,000 plus company benefits.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 45 hours between 7.00am to 5pm, No Weekends!!
We are currently recruiting for a MET Technician working for our client in the Birmingham area.
We have new opportunities for our clients site based the Erdington area of Birmingham. They are offering excellent working conditions, the very latest equipment, a company that prides itself on quality and very good money / company benefits.
MET and Paint Technician role:
Working in the bodyshop your role as a MET and paint Technician will be to remove, refit or repair components whether it be mechanical, electrical or trim on the vehicle.
- Carrying out all repair work required on the vehicles prior to the car being passed to the Panel Beaters or Paint Sprayers.
- Making sure the vehicle is fixed to a high standard and meets all safety requirements.
- Assessing work needed on the vehicle as to whether it should be repaired or whether a new part is needed
- Recognising and documenting an additional work required
* Colour match paints and mix to the desired shade
* Flat the surface and apply primer followed by the topcoat of paint followed by the lacquer then polish to a finish
* You will ideally be qualified to NVQ level 3 or the City and Guilds equivalent, although time served Vehicle painters, Preppers with relevant experience are encouraged to apply
* You will possess your own spray guns and trade associated hand tools as a minimum. The client will provide any equipment that is standard to all bodyshops. Bodyshop painters, panel beater and preppers who fit the above criteria are encouraged to apply
MET Technician requirements
- Ideally you will be a fully qualified MET and paint Technician having the ATA or NVQ level 3 MET repair qualification though we will consider someone with years of experience who can demonstrate a high skill set
- Good understanding of bodyshop procedures
If you have any further questions then please submit your application so we can discuss through the opportunity and your CV.
Please note all applications will be strictly confidential and we won't send your CV out without talking with you first.
Consultant: William Olivier
Octane reference: OC8732.1
Octane Recruitment - (url removed)
Octane Recruitment is a specialist Automotive / Motor Trade recruitment agency. We deal with all aspects of the motor trade so if you have experienced then we will be keen to have a chat; everything from Car Dealerships, HGV companies, Fleet companies, manufacturers & independent sites
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.