We are seeking a MOT Tester to work on a Full time, permanent basis for a Tyre and Auto Services company in Hayling Island.
You will be reporting to the Centre Manager (or Assistant Centre Manager as appropriate) you will take responsibility for MOT Testing, tyre fitting and repairs. You will ensure the work is carried out to a high standard in line with our customer journey and for portraying a professional image. This is a great opportunity to work with a proactive and friendly team that offers a variation of duties each day.
The Ideal MOT Tester must possess:
- Ensure the work completed on each vehicle is carried out safely and to a high standard.
- Carry out MOT testing in accordance with VOSA testing requirements.
- Fast fit tyre fitting whilst being able to use an alignment machine and understand the reading and relevant adjustments.
- Fitting brakes, exhausts and other mechanical products.
- Work in a safe manner and always comply with health & safety regulations.
- Ensure you do not work on any product or service that you have not been assessed as competent in or trained to carry out.
- Adhere to company procedures on the use of vehicle inspection sheets.
- Make customers and/or management aware of any additional faults found on the customers vehicle.
Skills & Qualities
- Proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- MOT Tester Licence // DBSA
- The ability to multitask and think on your feet
- Experience of working in a similar role (qualifications desirable but not essential)
- Reliable and the able to work to deadlines
- Friendly and approachable manner
Please get in touch for further details or to apply, we look forward to hearing from you.