Position: MOT Tester (Night Shift)
Hours: Monday to Thursday 10 hour shifts per night.
Here at Halliwell Jones (Chester) Ltd we have a number of exciting opportunities for MOT Testers. The positions are located at our Chester Centre which is a fantastic facility consisting of an impressive, recently modernised Aftersales Centre and Bodyshop and BMW and MINI Sales. On offer is a competitive salary, ongoing training and development at the BMW Group UK Academy and great career progression opportunities.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the main objectives of the post are to:
- To conduct MOT inspections and issue MOT documentation
- To ensure security of MOT certification process and implement the MOT scheme in compliance with ministry and company requirements.
- To repair and report any anomalies on vehicles.
Essential criteria for the positions include:
· MOT Class 4 Smart card holder
· NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent C&G or BTEC accreditation)
· Technical knowledge
· An enthusiastic and self-motivated person
· Ability to work within given timescales
· Excellent communication skills
· Has a keen eye for detail
· Full Clean Driving Licence
· Knowledge of all tyre products and ability to make recommendations of products when required.
· To ensure all chargeable labour and workshop consumables are recorded on the job card.
· Ability to comply with warranty write ups.
· Ability to work within given timescales and complete a wide range of tasks.
· Willingness to learn and develop personal knowledge, and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information, in order to improve profitability.
· Ability to work autonomously, unsupervised and also within a team environment.
· Highly motivated, team player that offers help and support to other, attention to detail.
· An outstanding attitude and passion for customer service.
· An enthusiastic, dynamic and team orientated personality.
· Ability to deal with customers when necessary.
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
· Excellent time management, communication and administration skills.
· Contribute to ‘good housekeeping’ routines in the workshop.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a family based business that offers both a competitive salary and the chance to work with a prestige brand. Other benefits include great staff discounts and life assurance. If you have the skills and experience and you’re looking for your next career move, then we’d love to hear from you.