MOT Tester/Mechanical Technician
My client is an exciting and fast growing national automotive company offering superb training and development opportunities. They are currently seeking a MOT Tester/Mechanical Technician to work on a full time, permanent basis for their growing team.
Benefits include an excellent working environment, employee discounts on servicing, MOT and tyres, a very competitive salaery and the opportunity to earn bonus. You will also have the ability to work on your own vehicle/projects on site. This is a great opportunity to work with a proactive and friendly team that offers a variation of duties each day. The working hours will be 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4pm on Saturday (with every other Saturday off).
As a MOT Tester/Mechanical Technician you will have:
- A Mechanics Level 3 qualification
- Experience in tyre fitting, brake, cam belt, clutch and exhaust fitting
- Full valid Driving Licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in a professional workshop environment.
- The ability to work as part of a busy team in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- The willingness to constantly learn and improve your knowledge.
- The ability to act on your own initiative and take responsibility for the quality of your work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the work completed on each vehicle is carried out safely and to a high standard.
- Carry out MOT testing in accordance with VOSA testing requirements.
- Complete fast fit tyre fitting whilst being able to use an alignment machine and understand the reading and relevant adjustments.
- Fitting brakes, exhausts and other mechanical products.
- Working in a safe manner and always comply with health & safety regulations.
- Ensuring you do not work on any product or service that you have not been assessed as competent in or trained to carry out.
- Adherence to company procedures on the use of vehicle inspection sheets.
- Making customers and/or management aware of any additional faults found on the customers vehicle.
Please get in touch for further details or to apply - we look forward to hearing from you.