Fords of Winsford is the Northwest’s largest independent used car supermarkets with locations in Winsford and Manchester and we have been successfully providing used and nearly new cars for over 60 years.
As part of our ongoing growth strategy we are now offering a remarkable opportunity for professional time served Mechanics / Technicians to join our dynamic vehicle preparation team.
Fords of Winsford Ltd
Barton Dock Road
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to work with a huge range of all makes and models from over 50 manufacturers, and be part of the Northwest’s largest car supermarket 60 years ongoing success story.
- Preparing used vehicles to high standards.
- Carrying out standard servicing, repairs and maintenance.
- Skilled and capability for complex mechanical procedures; removal/repair/refit; cam-belts, gearboxes, clutches etc….
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Maintaining equipment and tools.
- Following the correct procedures and completing documentation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in a vehicle workshop environment.
- Highly skilled with diagnostic equipment
- Advanced at Technical problem solving
- A strong knowledge and understanding of routine servicing and basic mechanical repairs.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a competent, safe and efficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- Ability to follow written and spoken instructions and accurately complete paperwork.
- A full driving licence.
You will be;
- Enthusiastic, friendly and helpful
- Committed to delivering an unparalleled level of customer service
- Respectful and courteous to customers and colleagues
- Resilient with a drive to succeed.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
In addition to this you will be highly motivated, efficient, organised and have a proven track record within vehicle inspection, maintenance, rectification and a detailed knowledge of a variety of diagnostic tools and equipment.
Used to working in a fast pace, target driven environment, with excellent communication skills, and have a clean full UK driving licence.
Full time, Monday to Friday (8:30-5:00) and rotational Saturdays, overtime will be available, but is not guaranteed.
We offer an industry competitive basic salary depending on your experience, a contributed workplace pension scheme and a healthcare scheme.
Sound like you?
If you think you’re the right person for this fantastic opportunity, apply now. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Reference ID: TMECH-SRC-07.22