Motor Vehicle Technician - Preston
Motor Vehicle Technician salary is - Basic - £30k
Realistic OTE - £36k - 38k
Hours of work for a Motor Vehicle Technician
Mon - Fri - 8.30am - 5.30pm
As a Motor Vehicle Technician reporting into the Aftersales Manager your main responsibilities will be the ongoing service, repair and pre-delivery inspection checks of vehicles. Working closely with the Workshop Controller you will work through your allocated jobs and feedback to the front of house Service Advisor team with any additional works or escalation the customer needs to be made aware of.
* Carry out routine service works as per manufacturer guidelines
* Provide additional work detail to customers and/or Service Advisors
* Provide regular work status updates
* Complete pre-delivery inspections on new and used vehicles
* Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others
* Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road-testing vehicles after work has been carried out
* Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI's, service reports) in line with HSO, warranty and Dealership requirements
* Accurately complete job cards and DISS reports, including any written descriptions of faults found or repairs completed
* Level 3 qualification in vehicle service and repair
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a Motor Vehicle Technician (franchised dealership preferred)
* Excellent communicator both written and verbal
* Must hold a valid driving licence
If this sounds like you please apply below and we will be in touch to discuss your application further.
Please ensure your CV is up to date with relevant contact details including address.
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment have been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships. If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you'll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Key positons; Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Service Advisor, Parts Advisor, Technician, Mechanic, Master Technician, Workshop Controller, Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Dealer Principal, General Manager.